Painting in Water Mixable Oil Paint
Have you always wanted to paint in oils but were unable to do so due to the noxious fumes of solvents like turpentine or white spirit (mineral spirits)? Water mixable oils are paint with all of the properties of traditional oils without the less appealing elements.
Water-Mixable Oils are Ideal For:-
- Oil Painters who are sensitive to, or simply want to avoid exposure to solvents.
- Working in shared space where use of solvents would prohibit the use of oils
- Artists working in small space at home where fumes could be problematic
- For travel, all ‘Artisan’ products (colour and medium) can be transported on aeroplanes (subject to the agreement with the airline).
- For those who care about what the waste product (the dirty spirit) is doing to the environment.
Traditional oil colour has a rich, thick, buttery quality fresh from the tube and is an exceptionally popular medium due to its versatility, offering the artist excellent results from the time-honoured techniques of blending and glazing, impasto and scumbling: the exact same can be said of Water-mixable oils!